Popular Posts

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a day to remember.....

Today, in my fire drill course today, we have our practical session where all the drama begin.
It supposed to be an evacuation plan in Orthopedic ward and Generic ward. In the rehersal time, everybody get to take part as rescuer team, nurse, patient and guess what?.... I had to become a sick spinal injury patient that need to be carry out from the ward.....when we set in the ward to start the action drama, it's funny because there's no empty bed so I have to lied in the floor waiting for the nurse to rescue me during the evacuation time.Using the bedsheet, 4 of the nurses really struggle to carry me, pity them, they had to stop for 6 time to reach the safe area near the exit staircase.Lucky that the rescuer team don't need to carry me to the 2 floor ..
When the exercise finish, the Fireman give us comment that if the actual fire happend, we all gonna die because it took us 6 minutes to evacuate and the rescuer team only arrived after 9 minutes..

I will remember today as we learn a lot with all the experience and using fire extinguisher, the hose reel and to see the big fire that blown away with the heavy water. I'm ready to help and safe people in my work area if any fire accur....

No comments:

Post a Comment